Shachi K Shah 0 Likes
C/O Mrs. Rita K. Shah,
A-34, Century Towers,
Behind the Grand Bhagwati Hotel,
Off S. G. Highway,
firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
A dental surgeon, specialising in cosmetic dentistry by education, I am a full-time creative freelance writer with 3 years of experience in the industry working in print and online media looking for exciting new writing projects. I can write all types of fiction and nonfiction content and provide articles, short stories, ghost writing of books, blog posts, product reviews, simple reports,... and more. I have been a professional teacher in the dental profession for 8-10 years but had to quit due to personal issues. I used a lot of aids like PPT presentations to interest my students and my command on English prose, grammar and vocabulary is very good. Since i am a post-graduate dentist, my knowledge of medical and dental terms is vast and could be of help to several parties even for data entry or medical transcription.
• Junior schooling till IVth standard in an ICSE Cambridge board school Arya Vidya Mandir, santacruz west Mumbai.
• SSC cleared from St Thereses Convent High School, Vasco da Gama, Goa in May 1990, Stood seventh in GOA state. Distinction in the languages English French and Hindi.
• Bachelor of Dental Surgery from Goa dental college and Hospital, Bambolim, Goa in August 1995. Gold medallist.
• Post Graduate in Prosthodontics, Master of dental Surgery from Goa dental college and Hospital, Bambolim, Goa in May 2002. Gold medallist.
English Fluency in reading writing and speech.
Hindi Fluency in reading writing and speech.
Gujarati Fluency in reading and speech.
Konkani Fluency in reading and speech.
Marathi Fluency in reading and speech.
French Fluency in reading and speech.
Sanskrit Fluency in reading and speech.
Deutsche (German) Fluency in reading and speech. (beginner’s stage)
Writing short stories for TOI and other story writing contests.
Writing editorials for College Journals.
Writing Blogs for facebook page on Tales of Mocktails, Sleeping beauty awakened 2, and others.
At the dental College:
Have Been a teacher of dentistry for 10 years.
Take lectures, guide clinical and pre-clinical exercises.
Been a gold medallist throughout academic life and won several laurels thereafter too.
Conducting CDE Programmes on Prefabricated Posts and cores in programmes by Indian Dental Association Branches in Gujarat.
Conducted a full day CDE program By IDA branch Jamnagar with more than 105 delegates registered, on “Pre-fabricated posts as an alternative treatment for severely mutilated teeth.” at Hotel Celebrations, Jamnagar on 22.06.2014.
Conducted a full day CDE program By IDA branch Valsad and Vapi, on “Pre-fabricated posts as an alternative treatment for severely mutilated teeth.” at Vapi on 07.09.2014.
Software Proficiency Experience
Microsoft Office Advanced 12 Years
Adobe Photoshop Intermediate 3 years
HTML Beginner 3 years
Oratory skills Advanced 10 years
Life member of Indian Prosthodontic Society (IPS) since June 2000.
Life member of Indian Dental Association (IDA)since 2003.
Life member of Gujarat Prosthodontic Forum (GPF) since its inception in 2006.
Member of Dental Practitioner’s Society (DPS), Ahmedabad since Dec. 2007.
Life Member of the Gujarat Chapter of the Indian Prosthodontic Society, namely IPS GSB since September 2015.
Life Member of the IFS. Indian Forensic Society.
Painting (warli, madhubani or hindu mythological gods)
Mr. Sunil Nair,
Ehos India Ltd.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Dr. Harmik Vaishnav
Publications as a part of the dental curriculum:
Sr. no. Faculty name and designation Name of Journal Category I/II Authorship: 1st/2nd/3rd/ etc Year of publication and Volume Name of article
1. P.G Student Goa dental college and Hospital JIPS I 2nd August 2000 Vol11, No2. History of prosthodontics part II editorial article with Dr. S Nagda
2. P.G Student Goa dental college and Hospital JIPS I 1st August 2000 Vol11, No.2 Resin Bonded prostheses-A review of Literature.
3. P.G Student Goa dental college and Hospital JIPS I 1st June 2001 Vol.1, No.2 Customised Cores over prefabricated posts using provisional restorations.- a case report.
4. Reader Ahmedabad dental college and hospital JADC&H II 1st Mar-Aug 2013 Vol.4 No .1 Restoration options with Posts and cores. A review article.